Healthy Strawberry Limeade
Article Published on Jul 07, 2016
Summer is a great time to make smoothies and fruity drinks. With the temperatures steadily rising, stay hydrated and cool with this healthy strawberry limeade!
I made this drink after I completed a hot workout, and craved something cold and fruity. I found some strawberries and limes in the fridge, combined them with some chia seeds, and enjoyed a refreshing post-workout drink. This limeade is delicious and refreshing!
Here are a few tips to stay hydrated throughout your day:
1) Keep a water bottle with you at all times.
2) Sip on water throughout the day, do not wait until you feel thirsty because at this point, you’re already dehydrated.
3) Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables have a lot of water content in them, more than you would think. Fruits such as pineapple, cranberries, oranges, raspberries, apricots, blueberries, plums, pears, and apples are more than 85% water.
4) Sip on sports drinks (coconut water is a healthy option) after hot workouts to replace electrolytes.
5) Check the toilet: Note the color of your urine to see if you are well hydrated or not. When you are properly hydrated, your urine color should be pale yellow. If your urine color is dark yellow, drink more water!
Strawberries are full of antioxidants, Vitamin C, helps with production of collagen, and a good source of fiber.
The health benefits of strawberries:
- Boost immunity
- Promote eye health
- Help fight cancer
- Keep wrinkles at bay
- Fight bad cholesterol
- Reduce inflammation
- Regulate blood pressure
- Aid in weight management.
Limes are another great fruit! They're full of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Folate, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Copper, Phosphorous, and Potassium.
The health benefits of lime:
- Weight loss
- Skin care
- Improved digestion
- Relief from constipation
- Eye care
- Heart health
Healthy Strawberry Limeade
- 5 medium-sized strawberries
- Juice from 3 small key limes
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.