I present to you a yummy, creamy, vegan smoothie to help balance your electrolyte levels and repair your muscles after a hard workout. You can also enjoy it as a great meal replacement, like breakfast. During heavy exercise, electrolytes are lost in sweat, particularly sodium and potassium. These must be replaced to keep the electrolyte concentrations of the body fluids constant.
Electrolyte balance is important for everyone, not just athletes. Electrolytes play a vital role in maintaining homeostasis within the body. They work to keep the body hydrated and balanced, rebuild damaged tissue, and regulate nerve and muscle functions.
Tropical Mango Electrolyte Smoothie
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup mango (immune boosting and alkalizing)
- 1 celery stick (electrolyte balancer)
- 1 peeled whole lemon
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia gel (electrolyte balancer)
- 2 cups unsweetened, coconut water (fresh is best)
- Handful ice
Blend all ingredients till beautifully creamy. This smoothie is super delicious and nutritious! And they’re much better for you than commercial brand, high sugar electrolyte drinks.
Use your mango fresh, buy it frozen, or buy it fresh and then freeze it to use when needed. Do the same with your bananas and peeled lemons, too.
- For a creamier smoothie, use 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk instead.
- If using a fresh coconut, use the coconut water and scoop out a couple spoonfuls of the fresh coconut meat and add it to your smoothie.
- Another option is to use a couple spoonfuls of coconut manna butter which is made from coconut meat. It is found in a jar in the same section as other nut and seed butters.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.