It may sound weird to add cilantro to your smoothie, but this combo of berries, hibiscus, cilantro, lime, and banana tastes super delicious and is super energizing. Cilantro is an herb with oxygenating properties and is particularly known for aiding heavy metal detox. Hibiscus tea is high in antioxidants and adds a nice berry tone to this smoothie. The lime adds vitamin C power and a nice citrus boost to bring all the flavors together.
Detox Berry Cilantro Smoothie
- 1 serving Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup raspberries or strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 and 1/2 cups cold hibiscus tea or water
- ½ to 1 cup cilantro, loose, not packed (or according to taste)
- 1 peeled lime
- Handful ice
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon bee pollen for high protein immune booster
Blend till creamy and enjoy as a detox smoothie meal or snack.
*If you are one of those peeps who don’t dig cilantro, try adding another herb instead, like fresh basil, mint, or rosemary.
*Try 1/2 cup cranberries or 1/2 cup blueberries instead for different, high antioxidant flavors
*Try a cooled rooibos tea as the liquid instead of hibiscus tea or water. Rooibus tea is naturally caffeine-free, hydrating, and high in minerals.