What you eat affects the appearance of your skin. For instance, eating foods high in water content help to hydrate your skin, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles. And good fats help to keep your skin supple. Putting fresh basil in your smoothies is yummy, and the unique array of active constituents, or flavonoids, found in basil provide protection at the cellular level. Enjoy this delicious and unique nutrient-dense smoothie with skin enhancing properties. Who doesn’t want glowing, youthful skin?!
Gracious Living Basil Bliss Smoothie for Beautiful Skin
- 1 serving Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder (green, hypo-allergenic, plant-based protein powder to help protect skin)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled (helps to soothe and soften skin)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (protects against oxidative stress)
- Handful fresh basil (improves blood flow)
- 1/2 lemon, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 an avocado (for soft skin)
- 1 teaspoon chia seed gel (aids skin hydration)
- 2–3 cups water
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together till it reaches creamy perfection. Garnish with lemon slice. Drink and get your glow on. Drink to protect your skin. Drink to look younger! Drink to feel and look good!
Brew a cold pot of holy basil tea. When cold, use it instead of using water. Holy Basil herb tea does not taste like basil despite the name, but is a hydrating, caffeine-free tea known to purify the blood from toxins which helps keep skin clear. Holy Basil tea is also good for adrenal health and reducing stress in the body.