2018-10-27 09:52:49 -0600

Get Festive Without Getting Smashed! Nonalcoholic Nojitos!

The New Year’s is celebrations and toasts, but what if you’re the designated driver, or having a kid friendly party? Nonalcoholic Nojitos is the answer!

Nojitos is the Non-Alcoholic Cousin to the Classic Cuban Cocktail

A classic mojito is a simple, refreshing blend of five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, mint and sparkling water. Traditionally served in a cocktail glass with a sprig of mint to garnish, the Cuban highball is said to have been a favorite of author Ernest Hemingway. While mojitos are fairly low in alcohol, when you’re in the mood for a completely non-alcoholic cocktail, the Nojito will quench your thirst.

The B-complex vitamins are especially vulnerable to being destroyed by alcohol, but with a base of cucumber juice, this drink actually contains multiple B vitamins. Hydrating, alkalizing, good for the skin and practically calorie-free, a non-alcoholic Nojito may just become your go-to cocktail replacement.

Mojitos on napkins2

Nojito

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

  1. 1 medium cucumber
  2. ½ lime
  3. 5 drops peppermint liquid stevia*
  4. Splash sparkling mineral water

Directions:

Mojiti w iceJuice the cucumber and lime together in a juicer. Stir in the stevia and sparkling water. Serve over ice. Garnish with a lime or cucumber slice.

*For a more authentic version of the drink, substitute fresh spearmint leaves, muddled with unflavored liquid or powdered stevia, for the liquid peppermint stevia.

If drinking less is one of your New Year’s resolutions, you are not alone. The most common reason people give for quitting or cutting back on drinking is they've become uneasy about how much alcohol they are consuming.

In addition to live support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Secular Organizations for Sobriety, SMART Recovery and Women for Sobriety, there are virtual organizations to help those trying to manage a relationship with alcohol. Here are just a few.

Living Sober livingsober.org.nz

A free resource that bills itself as a “place of warmth, wisdom, support, encouragement and understanding.” If you register as a member, which you can do anonymously, you gain access to the Member’s Feed, which is a rolling communication space.

Sexy Sobriety sexysobriety.com.au

Based in Australia, the site offers free access interviews with a variety of women in various stages of abstinence. A 90-day membership costs $197 and includes a focused coaching program and access to additional content. Subjects tackled include how to find balance, how to manage emotions in a healthy way, and how to care for yourself.

Soberistas soberistas.com

Mojito ingredients- close, aboveLaunched in 2012 in the UK, while anyone can visit the website, the bulk of the helpful content—including the ability to comment in the online forums—is available only to paid members. A three-month membership costs about $20. Anyone interested in Soberistas is allowed 50 free page views of the website, prior to payment being required.

The Sober School thesoberschool.com

Whether you’re taking a short break from alcohol or giving up for good, the Sober School program offers a variety of tips and resources. The site offers a six-week online training program for approximately $375. A Stop Drinking Toolkit is offered free on the website, where you can also access Kate’s weekly blog posts.

Tired of Thinking About Drinking tiredofthinkingaboutdrinking.com

Based in France, this support group is 80% completely free content, including a 100-day sober challenge, daily emails, a blog and newsletters. The other 20% is fee-based, including an audio Sober Jumpstart class, where you can access a huge selection of podcast programs. Sign up on the site to receive a brief free daily inspirational email.


Sunwarrior

Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.


Disclaimer

Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.

Share This Post

Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.