Detox Papaya Spinach Gazpacho
Article Published on Nov 18, 2015
It's not often you find a tasty detox option, but this papaya spinach gazpacho helps with detoxification and reducing inflammation, and tastes delicious!
This soup is yummy, easy, and very detoxifying because of the high enzyme profile of papaya, which helps with digestion, detoxification, and reducing inflammation. It is delicious and satisfying, too, because it has anti-inflammatory hemp seed protein in it.
PAPAYA SEEDS TIPS:
Don't throw away the papaya seeds; they are excellent for detoxification and digestion. I usually throw them in the blender with my soups, smoothies, or salad dressings. They have a bitter, black pepper taste, so don't put all of them in the blender (I have learned that the hard way). Usually, 1–2 teaspoons is great with no overpowering taste. You can save the rest and freeze them for later use, or dehydrate them in a dehydrator till crispy, and then blend into powder with coffee grinder. (I have a grinder that I use just for nuts, seeds, herbs, and cinnamon sticks). Store papaya powder in a container or shaker, and sprinkle on your foods to enhance digestion.
Gracious Living Detox Papaya Spinach Gazpacho
- 2 cups papaya
- 1 cup spinach (iron boosting and oxygenating)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds (complete plant protein)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut manna butter (coconut meat with good fats that have been creamed into a butter reminiscent of peanut butter, except from coconuts)
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon papaya seeds
- 3 cups of water (or more depending on desired consistency)
- Sea salt to taste
Blend till super creamy. Serve with digestion enhancing sprouts, or more hemp seeds on top. It will last for 1–2 days in fridge.
Optional Additions or Variations:
- Chunk of fresh ginger for anti-inflammatory benefits
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder to reduce inflammation even more
- 1–2 teaspoons Sunwarrior Natural protein instead of hemp seeds for a protein boost (don’t add too much, or it will give the soup a chalky taste)
- Use tahini (sesame seed butter) or raw almond butter instead of coconut butter
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.