In this vegan recipe video, Jason Wrobel shows you how to make anytime margarita time, but especially during the hot, sticky summer months.
This margarita is healthy, probiotic, and filled with superfoods like pineapple and goji berries. You can decide on the alcohol or virgin nature of your margarita for yourself; either way, it is a refreshing, delicious, and fun summer treat.
Cool Refreshing Pro-Biotic Margarita
- 2 ½ cups kombucha, kefir, or other probiotic drink
- 2 to 3 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder
- 1 capful Vitamin Mineral Rush
- 1 dropperful liquid stevia
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: ice
- Add Blend it all up until smooth.
- Start with a probiotic beverage, fizzy and fruity is your best bet. Try kombucha, kefir, or any other probiotic rich drink.
- Then the goji berries go in, followed by the pineapple, the fresher the better. That’s the tangy, tropical sweetness you’ll want in this drink.
- Don’t forget the lime. It’s a must for any margarita worth its salt (get it?). Lime adds beneficial vitamin C too, but you can toss in some camu camu to bolster that vitamin C even more.
- J-Wro follows that with the B vitamins and essential trace minerals of Sunwarrior’s Vitamin Mineral Rush. This stuff has a sweet, tang that plays well with the flavors of your beverage. Talk about sneaking in nutrition, this is the way to go!
- Sweeten it, without the sugar, by dropping in liquid stevia.
- A pinch of sea salt rounds out the flavors.
- You don’t need ice, but it is highly recommended, especially on the hotter, muggier days when you want to chill down and relax with this deliciousness in hand. Toss those in the blender.
- Now that you have all the ingredients together, blend away until nice and smooth.
Look at that gorgeous color. Fill up your glass, garnish it in lime, and salt the rim if you like. Jason sprinkles the salt on, but the easiest way to do this is to rub the rim with lime beforehand, so it sticks, and roll it in salt before you add the margarita. You’ll find the salt heightens the natural sweetness of this drink.
Sit back, find a quiet place, maybe grab a book, and sip your way to summertime bliss. You are so welcome!