For all your antioxidant and protein needs, this blueberry protein smoothie is the best way to start your day!
The best thing about smoothies is that no two smoothies are alike. Well, that could actually be a bad thing when you nail it, and it tastes so good!
That is definitely the case with this antioxidant blend of beautiful berries and fruit. If there is one fruit you can’t have too much of, it’s blueberries.
They are just so rich in phytonutrients and are extremely nutrient-dense. It’s hard not to eat a whole pint in one sitting!
Frozen blueberries, especially if they are organic, should be frozen at their prime also making them a nutritious addition to your smoothies. I personally have blueberries on hand all year long!
If you need a few more reasons why you should also plan on making blueberries part of your regular routine, here are some facts:
- They help protect your skin and keep it vibrant
- They help protect cholesterol in your body from becoming damaged
- They help lower blood pressure
- They may help prevent heart disease
- They can help maintain brain function and improve memory
- They help balance blood sugar
- They help muscle repair after exercise
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water (optional)
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into favorite glass
- Top with more berries and other goodies like coconut, cacao, or goji berries.