Wanting some flavor splash to your salad? You have got to try this Beet and Cumin salad where every bite bursts with mmm-mm!rn
Beet and Cumin Salad
What’s In It?
- 2 medium beets
- 1/4 cup Filsingers apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Nude Bee honey (or agave for a vegan option)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How It’s Made
1. Boil or steam beets in a medium saucepan for 30 minutes.
2. Remove beets from boiling water or steamer basket (reserve beet juice), allow cooling and gently remove the skins.
3. Using a mandolin or shredding blade, slice beets into long strips (about 1/4 inch thick) or cut into thin matchsticks.
4. In the pot with reserved beet juice, heat and combine apple cider vinegar, garlic, cloves, cinnamon sticks, fennel seeds and sea salt. Allow coming to a boil and reducing heat and simmering for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in honey.
5. Allow beet juice mixture to cool and then pour over beets and let sit, absorbing the liquid for a few hours or overnight.
6. Place cumin powder into a jar with olive oil, shake a few times with lid sealed and allow oil to infuse overnight.
7. Remove beets from juice and place into a large bowl and stir in cumin oil and chopped parsley.
Delicious Knowledge by Marni
Beets are high in natural sugars and loaded with phytonutrients. Its bright purple-red color lends itself to our blood, circulation and heart. Be sure not to throw out the greens of your beets. They are loaded with calcium and other essential nutrients. Sauté them or make some juice!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.