The breakfast-lunch phenomena called brunch just got more awesome than even a two meal combo. We bring you the vegetable quiche!
Looking for that perfect, filling, yet nutritious brunch option? Look no further! This vegetable quiche is quick, easy and packed with essential vitamins! Follow this great selection of ingredients, or mix and match to suit your own taste buds! Whatever your creation, you are sure to come back for more.
- Pie dough for 9-inch pie dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ¾ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup finely sliced mixed peppers
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup blended tofu
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ teaspoon nut milk
- ¼ teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese. Substitute with vegan cheese if desired.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. When heated, precook your quiche crust until it is slightly brown but not cooked all the way through. About 5–8 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside, and reduce oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and mixed peppers. Stir and cook until soft. About 5 minutes. Remove from skillet into a large bowl and set aside.
3. Combine flour and dried basil on a small plate and lightly coat both sides of the sliced tomato. Place coated tomato into the skillet and cook about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat.
4. In a bowl, whisk together blended tofu, soy milk, salt, and pepper.
5. Sprinkle a small handful of shredded cheese over the bottom of pre-cooked dough. Add vegetable mixture and spread evenly. Layer a few tomato slices on top of vegetables, and pour tofu mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and lay fresh basil leaves on top.
6. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until done. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition starts with you. Keeping it simple, healthy, and delicious is a great way to start your day. And remember, be you and don’t be afraid to mix it up a bit!