In this hilarious, informative, and entertaining raw food recipe demo, celebrity raw vegan chef and TV host Jason Wrobel, aka J-Wro, shows you how to prepare an amazing recipe for a, light, crunchy salad that is full of flavor and nutrition. The fresh avocado lime dressing kicks the flavor up several notches, combining citrus, jalapeno, and avocado for a creamy, tangy, spicy zest in every bite.
Jason combines romaine lettuce, tomatoes, endive, cucumbers, carrot, red bell pepper, green onions, baby spinach, olives, and microgreens or sprouts, but you can use almost any combination of fresh organic produce you can find. Add extra crunch with hemp seeds, nuts, or sunflower seeds. Top it off with an amazingly savory dressing. Voila!
Lime Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Juice of one orange
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash pepper
Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Serve.
Crunchy Green Salad
- 1/2 of whole iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
Optional ingredients to consider for variations on the original:
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup olives, halved
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- Rocket, endive, mustard leaves, or dandelion leaves
- Red cabbage, chopped
- Sunflower seeds
- Sprouted grains
Combine all ingredients and top with lime avocado dressing.