Nothing goes together better than cinnamon and apple, and when you put ‘em in a muffin, you find yourself in food heaven!
There are many health benefits to these cinnamon apple muffins. Cinnamon lowers LDL cholesterol, triglyceride concentrations, and overall cholesterol levels without affecting HDL cholesterol. These all reduce risk factors for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Cinnamon is also antifungal and helps reduce bad bacteria. Cinnamon also is rich in manganese, iron, calcium, and fiber which makes it a good nutritional boost all by itself. Couple that with the benefits of apple which helps with digestion because of being high in fiber and you have a dessert so good, you should have seconds.
And you can cover your most basic nutritional bases by adding a power boost of Sunwarrior’s illumin8. Plus the vanilla bean flavor blends perfectly with the cinnamon and apple.
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cups organic sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ c refined coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia egg (1 Tablespoon chia flour, 3 Tablespoon water)
- 1 granny smith apple peeled and grated
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior’s illumin8 vanilla bean (for a boost of your vitamins, minerals, and protein needed to keep a body healthy!) (optional)
Topping: cinnamon and coconut sugar
- Mix dry ingredients together then cut in the coconut oil til crumbly,
- Mix the chia egg in separate bowl, add in the milk, add the wet ingredients into the dry, fold in the apple.
- Put into the size muffin tins you want. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake at 375 deg for the amount of time needed for the size pan
- 15 min for mini muffin size
- 20–25 for regular muffin size
- 25–30 for jumbo