The Extracellular Matrix (ECM)
The Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is a three dimensional network of macromolecules that provide structural and biochemical support to our cells. A healthy ECM equals beautiful skin.
The three main components of the ECM are: Collagen, Elastin, Glycosaminoglycans.
Sunwarrior’s collagen building peptide formula provides all the essential plant-based nutrients to build, strengthen and maintain a health extracellular matrix.
Collagen is the most abundant structural protein in your body and an integral component of the ECM. Collagen gives shape and strength to our connective tissue (skin, joints, tendons and cartilage). Collagen fibrils have enormous strength.
Collagen is primarily made of these amino acids:
Elastin functions in connective tissue together with collagen and accounts for elasticity in structures such as skin, blood vessels, tendons and ligaments.
Elastin is primarily made of the amino acids:
Glycosaminoglycans support collagen and elastin as a hydrating gel to provide lubrication for the cushioning of joints and plumping of the skin.
Glycosaminoglycans are primarily made of:
- Hyaluronic acid
Beauty and Anti-Aging
- Plump, supple and youthful skin
- Thick, shiny hair
- Strong nails
- Healthy teeth
- Reverse the signs of aging
Bone and Joint Health
- Strong and flexible bone construction, to prevent fractures
- Bone growth, essential for children
- Cushions joints
- Regrowth and healing of tissue
- Triggers healthy inflammation when injury occurs
- Helps build muscle and burn fat
- Can reduce cellulite with normal exercise
- Boosts metabolism
- Supports digestive tract
- Protects cardiovascular system
- Strengthens and repairs vascular system
Signs of ECM Deficiency
- Thin skin and excessive wrinkles
- Dry, thinning hair and nails
- Brittle bones
- Easily to bruise
- Slow wound healing
- Leaky gut and other digestive orders
- Excessive joint pain
- Muscle aches
Causes Of ECM Depletion
- Excess sun exposure
- High consumption of sugar
- Autoimmune disorders
- Malnutrition, especially Vitamin C
- Pollution and environmental contaminants
- Age (by age 25, 1% of collagen production declines)
Don’t Trick Your Body Into Thinking It Doesn’t Need To Produce Collagen
EATING collagen doesn’t BUILD collagen, but you can help your body make its own by consuming a diet rich in key amino acids and supportive nutrients essential for collagen production.
Collagen Protein must be broken down into individual amino acids and small peptide chains before absorption. The body will use those aminos for whichever purpose is needed, which may or may not include collagen building.
The body builds collagen and elastin more effectively with individual amino acids and small peptide chains (di & tri-peptides).
Animal Based Sources
Bone Broth protein is traditionally derived from bone, connective tissue and cartilage; while Collagen Protein is derived from cartilage and hide.
Animal Collagen (Safety) Concerns
The source of collagen is very important. Factory farmed animal products are problematic for many reasons, such as accelerating antibiotic resistance, excessive hormones, poor conditions for the animals, and factory farming also contributes to environmental pollution.
Dr Mercola has stated that quality is a concern in Collagen Protein and Bone Broth products. Recent testing by the non-profit Consumer Wellness Center revealed that these animal derived Collagen Proteins contain hazardous contaminants including antibiotics, steroids, insecticides and parabens.
Both Broth and Collagen Protein is a byproduct of factory animal farming, most of it coming from poultry, cattle or marine life.
Once the animals are processed for meat, the animal carcass is added to water and boiled in high heat (up to 190 degrees) under high pressure to obtain bone broth. The liquid is strained to remove remaining bone and animal pieces and then dried into powder.
Collagen protein is produced from cow hide or fish scales using high temperatures, after which acids and bases are used to extract additional collagen.
Denatured Proteins Are Less Functional
The amino acid structure changes when heated over 105 degrees. Acid or base processes also denatures and affects the protein structure
Sunwarrior’s Plant-Based Collagen
Building Protein Peptides
Plant based amino acids are converted efficiently into collagen and elastin.
Isolated peptides (di and tri-peptides) can easily be absorbed into the small intestine to strengthen collagen, elastin and maintain cell hydration
Vitamin A, C and E are necessary for building collagen by linking amino acids together
Trace minerals and leafy greens support protein synthesis and ECM formation and also helps to slow the rate of collagen loss with age
Silica and biotin are key co-nutrient factor in strengthening collagen and elastin
Hyaluronic acid and Tremella mushrooms boost Glycosaminoglycans and increase skin moisture
- Organic Pea Protein
- Organic Rice Peptides
- Organic Sea Buckthorn
- Organic Spirulina
- Trace Minerals
- Silica from Bamboo
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Organic Tremella Mushroom
- Organic Leafy Green Blend (Kale & Spinach)
- Organic Vitamin C from Amla
Organic Pea Protein - complete amino acid complex
Including these collagen AND elastin building single aminos:
Organic Brown Rice Peptides (Hydrolyzed)
Sourced from Sunwarrior’s sprouted and fermented brown rice, This complete amino acid protein has been broken into small peptide chains (di & tri-peptides) through hydrolysis.
Rice peptides are used for strengthening the cell’s hydration due to its concentrations of glutamine, alanine and polysaccharides. These nutrients stimulate the ECM to retain moisture while protecting our skin from the environment.
Additional benefits include:
- Tightens skin and pores
- Hydrates skin cells
- Maintains elasticity
- Promotes cell regeneration
- Nourishes scalp and hair
Organic Sea Buckthorn
- Extremely high in vitamin C (10 X more than oranges)
- Contains vitamin E, folate, carotenoids, essential fatty acids and antioxidants
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production
- Wrinkle prevention
- Protects skin from UV rays
Organic Vitamin C - sourced from Amla
- Precursor for each type of collagen
- Co-factor in collagen and elastin synthesis
- Water soluble - must be consumed daily
Trace Minerals - including zinc and copper
- Essential for collagen and elastin formation
- Helps to build bone, hemoglobin and cells
- Slows the degeneration of collagen in our body
Organic Leafy Green Blend - Kale and spinach
- High in vitamin A and C, helping to build collagen and elastin
- Full of antioxidants, which fight against free radicals which destroy collagen and elastin
- Most nutrient-dense food on the planet
- 65% amino acids composition
- High in iron
Silica - sourced from bamboo
- Key co-nutrient for collagen and elastin production
- Helps to build connective tissue in the brain, nerve cells and spinal cord
- Strengthens hair and nails
- Boosts calcium absorption into bones by 50%
Biotin - sourced from Sesbania
- Part of the vitamin B family
- Increases the growth of your body’s cells
- Promotes strong hair, skin and nails
Organic Tremella Mushroom - snow mushroom
- A polysaccharide, which holds 500 X its weight in water
- Has been used in traditional chinese medicine to support glycosaminoglycans in the ECM
- Unique small particles which penetrates the cell to retain moisture, creating beautiful supple skin.
- Stimulating effect on cell growth which can accelerate wound healing
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) - sourced from fermented gluten-free grain
- Naturally produced in almost every cell of our body
- Attracts and retains moisture in our skin
- Lubricates joints
As we age our body produces less HA, but supplementation can help reverse the aging process
Why ingest animal derived collagen when your body was designed to generate its own from natural foods? Sunwarrior offers the organic vegan solution, tailored to boost your body’s inherent collagen and elastin production. It is our inside out approach for healthy bones, glowing and supple skin, thick and shiny hair, decreased joint pain, plus all the additional benefits of collagen.
Mix collagen building peptides to your smoothie or stir it into coconut or almond milk for a delicious skin and joint boosting treat.