This is my most beloved recipe for gluten-free waffles. Crisp on the outside, light and fluffy in the inside, they’re exactly what a waffle should taste like. Forget those nasty chemicals and empty calories the frozen varieties are laden with; these make a perfect autumn breakfast or even a pre-workout power snack.
I know that it may be daunting to try flours that you are not used to but these ancient grains have so much to offer in the way of health. Once you try them in my waffle and pancake recipes you will never look back! The fiber will keep you feeling fuller for longer and the nuttier flavor packs extra punch on your taste buds.
¾ Cup Amaranth Flour (Ground Amaranth)
1 Cup Uncontaminated Oat Flour (Ground Oats)
1 Scoop Vanilla SUNWARRIOR Protein
2 tsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
¼ tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
1½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Fresh Nutmeg (grated)
¼ tsp Allspice
1 Cup BPA-free Pumpkin Puree
1¼ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (add more if necessary)
2 Tbsp Coconut Butter OR Coconut Oil (melted)
2 Tbsp Ground Flax
10-12 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry to form a thick batter.
5. Scoop batter onto the waffle iron (each waffle iron is different, mine uses about 1/3 cup of batter per waffle).
6. Cook until crispy. They take a little longer than non-vegan waffles to cook but they will get crispy and delicious. Mine normally take up to 12 minutes. If using the non-vegan recipe, these will cook much quicker.
7. Remove from waffle iron and serve with maple syrup, or top with Coconut Whip Cream, Vegan Ice Cream, OR Zain’s Pumpkin Ginger Butter OR all three!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.