- 8–10 large peppers (red pepper is my preference)
- 1 bag pre-cooked brown rice—Trader Joe’s
- 1 can of red kidney beans—Trader Joe’s
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can non-GMO corn
- 2 zucchinis, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1 container chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can sliced kalamata olives
- 8–10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1½ cups grated raw milk cheddar cheese—Trader Joe’s—or vegan cheese such as Daiya
- 1 jar tomato/basil marinara—Trader Joe’s
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
Method:Preheat oven to 350° F. Cut tops off peppers and set tops to the side. Deseed inside pepper. Add all ingredients—except the pepper—into food processor. Pulse just enough to get everything mixed together.
Use a spoon to scoop out mix and fill the peppers up, then place pepper tops over. Don’t stress as all of the ingredients will cook inside pepper, filling it with flavor.
Alternative: In a stainless steel pot, add olive oil. Once heated, add onion until brown, then add garlic. Add rice and beans until warm then add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cheddar. Add water if needed. Once everything is mixed together set aside and slowly start to mix in the grated cheddar. Add mix into peppers and proceed the same way.
Once the peppers are done, place in an oven-safe glass tray. Place in oven and let bake for around 40 minutes. Keep an eye on them and reduce heat if needed. I like to sprinkle a little extra cheese on top once they are nearly cooked and ramp up the temperature to give them a crispy cheese topping.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.