When you live in Northern Utah, sometimes the sun doesn't shine for weeks on end in the wintertime. That makes recipe photography a bit tricky, especially if you've already got a fairly dark kitchen. I set this shoot up outside to get at least a little bit of natural light, but then it started snowing. Ah well, what's a girl to do? Oh, and although these cookies are covered with chocolate a bit patch-ily (hey, I'm a novice), they still taste amazing.
Vegan Thin Mint Cookies
For the cookies:
- Scant 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or gluten free flour. (Level 1/2 cup of flour, then remove 2 tablespoons worth)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground golden flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (use refined if you don't want these cookies tasting like coconut)
- 2–3 drops food grade peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1–2 drops food grade peppermint essential oil or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Preheat your oven to 350°. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk. Add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. This mixture will look more like cake batter than cookie dough, that's okay!
Measure out cookie dough with a teaspoon to make about 30 cookies. If your cookie sheet is big enough, they may all fit on the same sheet!
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes, they will become firm and crisp up as they cool.
With a small flexible spatula, "ice" the cookies top and bottom with the melted chocolate, trying to get the sides as well, I used about a teaspoon of the chocolate per cookie.
Put the cookies on parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze for 10–15 minutes to let the chocolate set up before serving. **Best stored in a container in the fridge; the chocolate can melt at room temps.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.