Transform simple leftover veggies into gorgeous pasta dishes. This one takes organic butternut squash, potatoes, and red onion and roasts them while sautéed garlic and tomatoes add flavor and brighten the dish. Then everything combines with gluten free pasta for a delicious and filling meal. Garnish with balsamic vinegar and basil. If you don't have these veggies in your fridge, feel free to mix it up with zucchini, red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, yellow squash, and more.Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash,1 inch chop
- 1 cup roasted potatoes, 1 inch chop
- 1 cup roasted red onion, sliced into 1/2 inch thick circles
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces dry gluten-free pasta
- This is meant to be a left overs meal, but if you're roasting your veggies from scratch, preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Start with a cup and a half of each vegetable and rub with a heavy drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread out over a baking sheet (you may need two baking sheets to ensure that the vegetables aren't touching).
- Roast for 25–35 minutes, depending on the vegetable (less time for red onion, more time for potatoes).
- Halfway through roasting, flip the vegetables to make sure both sides are cooking evenly.
- Once the vegetables are crisp at the edges, remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in salted boiling water per manufacturer's instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat up a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and garlic.
- Let the garlic cook for about two minutes, and then add the cherry tomatoes. Allow to cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables, stirring to combine.
- When the pasta is done, add it to the sauté pan straight from the pot with a slotted spoon. The residual water on the pasta will create a sauce. Stir.
- Dish it up.
- Finish with basil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.