Roasted beets are like candy to me, and this oh-so-pretty salad is a hit with most everyone. It can be served in numerous ways, including over a bed of cooked grains such as quinoa or freekeh. If you don’t have a spiralizer simply omit or shred beets instead. It serves 4 yet you may want to double the recipe so you have leftovers. It’s that good and sure to become a favorite. If you do double the recipe, don’t dress with the vinaigrette until ready to enjoy.
Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts and Sprouts
Serves 4 – vegetarian, gluten free, paleo
- 4 medium-small organic beets
- ¼ cup walnuts, raw or toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 cups organic leafy greens such as arugula, spinach, chicory, butter lettuce, endive, slivered if necessary
- 1 heaping cup of sprouts or mircogreens: radish, sunflower, buckwheat, or red clover
- ½ cup chevre, crumbled (Omit for a vegan option. Chopped Brazil nuts are a great substitute.)
- Maison Orphee sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup organic raw beets and/or carrots, spiraled or shredded
- 3 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce, to taste
- 4 tablespoons coconut nectar, to taste (raw honey can be used, however reduce the amount as honey is sweeter)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons quality oil such as olive, avocado, or hemp
- 1 tablespoon Maison Orphee walnut oil
- Optional: 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
Combine all the ingredients of the vinaigrette in a small bowl or glass jar and whisk or shake until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Assemble your salad:
Preheat oven to 400° F. Using parchment paper, wrap and roast beets until knife easily slides into the center, about 45 minutes, or alternatively boil for approximately 35–40 minutes or until done. Let steam in the paper till cool, then trim the bottoms and slip off the peel.
Scatter your greens on a platter or individual plates and arrange beets on top. Surround with the sprouts and shredded beets or carrots.
Sprinkle walnuts and cheese over these, drizzle with the vinaigrette, and season with sea salt and pepper. And then enjoy!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.