J-Wro, aka Jason Wrobel, zany celebrity vegan chef, Cooking Channel TV host, and culinary superstar, shows us how it's done with a snacktastic quinoa and tempeh salad. Tempeh is a cultured protein source with plenty of health benefits over regular soy that Jason sautés up as warm complement to the cool lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, fennel, and avocado. Sacha inchi oil, lime juice, Himalayan crystal salt, and Sunwarrior's Vitamin Mineral Rush make the perfect tangy dressing to top it all off. It's deliciously filling and satisfying, so take it to the face today.
Quinoa Tempeh Salad | Vegan Recipe
- 1 block (75 g) Non-GMO Organic tempeh, diced to 1”x1” pieces
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil, as needed
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (*optional)
- 2 or 3 pinches curry powder
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 med to large tomato, diced
- ¾ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- ¼ cup fennel, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Splash oil: avocado, hemp, olive, or sacha inchi oil
- Splash Sunwarrior Vitamin Mineral Rush
- Pinch Himalayan Crystal salt
- Preference black pepper
- Couple squeezes fresh lime juice
- Red leaf lettuce, shredded
Mix browned tempeh and all ingredients but the red leaf lettuce in a medium to large mixing bowl.
Plate red leaf lettuce in bowl and top with salad mixture. Then dig in with your fork and enjoy!
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.