By Michele the Trainer
No need to wrap these spring rolls in nice little packages—simply toss this salad together!
This is a great recipe for those who like salads and spring rolls. What’s better than to have both in one? This vegan recipe is full of nutrients and flavor, and it won’t disappoint anyone who tries it!
Organic Spring Roll Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- 2 cups rice noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 handful (or to taste) fresh organic basil leaves, chopped
- 1 handful (or to taste) fresh organic mint leaves, chopped
- 2 organic carrots, shredded
- 1 organic jicama root, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups beansprouts
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic sesame seeds (black sesame seeds look nice!)
- Small splash organic sesame oil (teeny tiny tossing amount)
- Optional: grilled or baked vegan “chicken” or firm tofu, sliced into thin strips or shredded
- 1 handful organic cilantro (or to taste), chopped
- 1/4 lime per person, to be added individually
For the “peanut” dressing:
- 1/4 cup organic raw almond butter or organic peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or organic soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic ginger, grated
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- Sea salt to taste
Optional additions to the dressing if you want heat:
- 2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic hot sauce
Prepare the garnish and set aside in separate bowls.
Cook the rice noodles, cool and toss in a giant bowl with a teeny tiny amount of organic sesame oil to prevent sticking. If they are too long, cut them a bit so you can mix them into the salad.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and toss.
Slice or shred the cooked protein (Chickn’ or tofu) and put it into your medium bowl and toss well with the salt to taste. Now you can add it to your giant bowl of tossed salad.
Add minimal amount of dressing and toss the giant salad. Your guests can add more dressing as desired per serving.
Serve in bowls, garnished with cilantro and 1 wedge of lime per bowl.