A quick and easy meal, filled with zest and health: Mexican Quinoa! Your family’s hungry; it’s time for dinner!
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes no drained (mixed seasoning tomatoes, jalapeños or fire-roasted diced tomatoes will all work)
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can corn, drained
- Two big red bell peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional: chopped green onion
- Toppings: guacamole, salsa, vegan sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, dairy free cheese, etc.
- In a medium-size skillet, add the quinoa, water, can of tomatoes together and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer on medium-low, for 12–18 minutes or until quinoa is done and liquid is fully absorbed.
- Optional: Add a splash of water or vegetable broth while cooking, if needed.
- Mix in black beans, corn, lime juice, bell peppers, green onion, and spices to taste and stir.
- Spoon into bowls and serve warm with guacamole, salsa, and the rest of your toppings
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.