by Sarah Bakian
Few things are more enjoyable than dessert. Even fewer things are more enjoyable than a vegan dessert. A couple of these vegan fudgy balls will satisfy any sweet tooth, even if that sweet tooth isn’t vegan. Though the dates supply plenty of natural sugar on their own, they also have a lot of fiber to help to fill you up and suppress appetite without eating too many.
You can keep them at home for an occasional afternoon treat or take them on the go. I enjoyed a few of these little balls of deliciousness after my NPC bikini competition this past weekend (I took 5th place!). However, this sweet treat could be enjoyed anywhere! They are so portable and delicious, you’d think you died and went to fudgy ball heaven.
Vegan Fudgy Balls
- 20 dates
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- In a blender or food processor, mix almonds and cacao powder together. Pulse for 20 seconds.
- Add in pitted dates and syrup. Blend until the texture is that of a LÄRABAR.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- One you are ready to roll, pick whatever toppings you like. The batch in these pictures includes the following toppings: Sunwarrior Chocolate Protein Powder, almonds, coconut, and cacao chips.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Raw
Get to know Sarah:
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.