There is something magical about the combo of ginger, apple, cinnamon, and lemon in my food world. When apples are in season, this is sure to find its way to my breakfast lineup at least once a week. Quick and easy to make, and ever so satisfying, any mid-morning cravings are put to bay if I’ve started my day with muesli. You can mix and match the nuts and seeds used, and even top it with grated pears if desired. Fresh ginger and lemon are a must in my view.
Muesli is raw power and paleo friendly. It’s a fabulous, protein rich, vegan cereal with grain and gluten free options for the paleo eaters among us!
Choose raw, unsweetened, organic ingredients and unsweetened non-dairy beverages. Need additional sweetness? Increase the dried fruits or use Sweet Leaf Stevia. This breakfast provides healthy essential amino acids, fats, enzymes, fiber, and quality carbs. Makes one serving. Adjust amounts as desired.
Apple Cinnamon Ginger Muesli
- 1 tablespoon raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw organic almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut
- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic dried fruits, such as raisins, currants, slivered apricots, figs, etc.
- 1 tablespoon organic old fashioned oats (other options: quinoa, spelt flakes, or buckwheat groats.)
- Optional: If not choosing any flake/grain consider adding hemp or chia seeds
- 3 to 4 ounces organic coconut, hemp, soy or almond milk, coconut or filtered water
Combine all the ingredients and pour the plant milk or water over it all. Cover and let sit overnight or at least 20 to 30 minutes.
To serve, top with:
- 1 organic apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- Generous squeeze of fresh lemon and the organic zest if desired
- A sprinkle of additional nuts, coconut, or seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (shuffles sugar out of the blood stream)
- Sprinkle of cardamom if desired, (helps to counter the effects of caffeine)
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.