Here are lemon protein squares that are delicious and super easy to make. I call these anti-stress lemon squares for three reasons:
1) No stress in the kitchen! Since they are raw, no heat is involved and all that is required is a food processor. You can even do this simply with a bowl, and mash everything with a fork if you don’t have a food processor. Since these are vegan squares, ingredients are minimal (and better for you).
2) No stress for the body! Since all the ingredients are all-natural, plant-based, and plant powered, there is no nutritional stress placed on the body and nervous system, and energy required for digestion is minimal (compared to ingredients that are toxic for the body).
3) Added anti-stress adaptogen superfood “reishi mushroom” possesses anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties which helps to alleviate stress in the body.
Every single ingredient has a beneficial effect on the body, making this an energizing snack, dessert, or even breakfast that is nourishing to your body. The Sunwarrior protein offers complete plant-based protein (meaning all amino acids are present in a serving) to help balance blood sugar levels, keep you full longer, and energize the body.
The coconut oil is a top quality oil for brain and heart health. Maple syrup (in moderation) is a mineralized natural sweetener. Ginger helps to reduce inflammation while nutmeg aids digestion. Fresh lemon juice and grated lemon rind helps to neutralize free radicals and increase digestion. Make sure to always use a pure vanilla and not an artificial flavored vanilla that has added sugar.
Gracious Living Lemon Protein Squares
- 1 serving (scoop) natural Sunwarrior protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Few drops pure vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ginger powder
*Fold In: (Mix in with a spoon by hand after blending):
- 3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated organic lemon rind
- Add reishi mushroom packet from Four Sigma Foods, which contains dual extracted reishi medicinal mushroom, licorice root, star anise, mint, and stevia. Resihi mushroom is an adaptogen that helps the body reduce stress.
Blend the first ingredients from protein powder through ginger powder in a food processor into a dough consistency. (Start with less liquid and add more if needed. If your mixture turns out too liquidy, add a little more protein.) Then fold in sunflower seeds so they’re mixed in evenly. Give it a taste and if it’s not sweet enough, add a tiny bit more syrup. Roll into balls or squares. Grate an organic lemon and top a little bit on top of each ball or square. Freeze for an hour or two. Store as a later treat in an air tight container in freezer. Enjoy frozen or take out of the freezer for a minute or two to soften before eating. Either way is delicious and nutritious!
-Add cinnamon powder
-Add cardamom powder
-Add juice of fresh orange
-Roll in shredded, unsweetened coconut
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.